Monday, January 5, 2009

Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife, by Linda Berdoll

I'm not going to post a picture of this one, simply because I really really really really didn't like it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the idea of continuing the tale of Elizabeth Darcy. Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time favorite books. However, when you try to make it more interesting by inserting scenes depicting their married life (*nudge*nudge*), it completely ruins the entire concept. I made it through only about the first 2 chapters before I was sick of it. Honestly, I was hoping for much, much better. This book has all sorts of acclaims and recommendations for it, but I was severely disappointed.

[a very disappointed] Thumbs Down

1 comment:

pandama said...

really wanted to read oh well thanks for the heads up